Topic Responsible – EBEC Final 2014
What does EBEC mean to you?
EBEC brings the best engineers from all over Europe together and challenges them. With a true team spirit, they give everything they can during 4 competition days and solve the problems in ingenious ways.
When you look back at event, what are you most proud of?
During a whole year, you are working together with a team of equally motivated people. The three most memorable moments where:
– The official opening day: you see all the participants together in one room for the first time, understanding the event’s sheer size.
– The official closing event: to be able to see all the results in action after the challenging and rewarding competition days.
– The ‘see-you-later’: the last day, a very emotional time, with all the organisers you met and collaborated closely with during a full year!
How did organizing EBEC Final helped your personal development?
Organising an event of this size certainly challenges you in a number of areas. For me, the key elements where:
– Team work in a virtual environment: working together with remote and a multi-cultural team was certainly an additional to the education I received at university.
– Prioritisation and time management: being a full-time student while preparing for the event helped me on manage my time better at all times.
What is the most important thing you learned during the organization of EBEC Final?
Team spirit is everything, especially when executing volunteering work. Only with a motivated and willing team you are able to organise an event this size! And, of course, we made this happen in the BEST spirit possible 🙂